Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Girl Behind the Blog

Here's a few things you may or may not have known about me:


1.       I hate mustard.  And pickles.  And sneezing.  And all or nothing people when it comes to heat and air in the car- you have controls and options for a reason!

2.       I wish I could sing.  I seriously suck at it.  But hey, you can’t be good at everything. 

3.       I’m easily persuaded.  And I don’t like the fact, but it’s the truth.

4.       I am a picture whore.  Of myself and everyone and everything else!

 

 
5.       I’m allergic to cats.  But we have 2 labs and I love them!

 
6.       I have been with my husband since 2000 and we have been married since 2008.  I couldn’t imagine loving someone else more than I love him, even though he knows all my buttons to push and can send me over the edge in about .2 seconds. 

 
 

7.       I have a degree in Communication Studies, which is in no way related to or needed for my current job.  If I had it to do all over, I would do something health and fitness related.  Probably be some type of physical therapist.

8.       I’m a sucker for reality television.  Not that crappy Real Housewives stuff, but the stuff that comes on local channels.  Biggest Loser and Big Brother are among my favorites. 

9.       One of my pet peeves is when a big person tries to tell me how to lose weight.  Don’t get it twisted, if they are big and have lost weight, or are in the process of doing it, I’m all ears.  But for someone that is not currently where they need to be, or in the process of getting there, you’re wasting your breath.  I feel like that’s a hypocrite.  And by the way, I’ve done it before, I’m doing it again, and I appreciate your concern, but you are not doing it, so I’ll stick to my tried and true methods.  Thanks!

10.   Along with pet peeves, the toilet paper roll goes OVER!  End of story.

11.   My bestie and I have coined 2013 the “Year of the Badass!”  We’re doing a half marathon in April, the Warrior Dash in June, and who knows what else the year holds for us.  We’re pretty awesome!  ;)
 

12.   I spend way too much of my life playing online games.  Seriously.  Someone should probably have an intervention.  But wait, don’t!  I like them!

13.   I call my husband Rox.  His name is Rocky.  Yes, his real name is Rocky Dix.  Hey, don’t look at me!  I didn’t name him… his mother did!  We have vowed to be a little more careful with our future children’s names.  Ex. As much as I love the name Chase, I will not name my son Chase Dix.
 

14.   I don’t like to think that I am predictable.  I may be.  I understand that.  Most people are.  But I hate for someone to say, “I knew you were going to do that!”  I got my tongue pierced in 10th grade (took it out a long time ago) just for that reason- because it wasn’t something people expected me to do.

15.   I trust and love too easily, and I’m sensitive.  Which means I usually end up getting hurt very easily.  But I think it’s worth it.  I have deeper and more meaningful relationships by not keeping myself guarded or blocked off.

16.   I teach Zumba and I absolutely LOVE it!!!  I love to dance and I love music.  I really feel like I’m in my element when I’m teaching and I know it helps others.   
17.   I honor and admire my little brother so incredibly much.  He has proven himself over and over and I know he is destined for greatness.  I love him to pieces!

 

 

18.   I am NOT a morning person.  I swear I was born to live in Spain, where I sleep late, get a nap during the day and stay up until the wee hours of the morning.  Yeah, that would work so much better for me.

19.   I’m a horrible estimator at how long things will take- which usually makes me late.  I used to be early or at least on time for everything.  I’m not sure when this change happened.  It stresses me out, but I just can’t seem to figure it out.

20.   I desperately want to be a mother.  I feel that some people were just born for it.  I think I’m one of those people.  There is so much more that I want to do in life, but I feel like I will be satisfied and feel accomplished once I have children.  It’s the one thing that I would regret if I never did. (This is my niece and she is one of the most precious things in this world!)

 

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwww I LOVE this post! and Yes even after all these years I learned some stuff about you lol!!!! And THAT'S why you got your tongue pierced lmbo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! I had little chuckle about the names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I like the format!!

    ReplyDelete